Digital Money Demystified
Digital Money Demystified™ | Books
To stay on the leading edge of any opportunity, especially investing, you have to empower yourself with the tools and resources needed to keep your knowledge and skills current. And if you’re relying on last year’s information (or even last month’s!), you are already behind.
Sure, you can try to figure this out on your own at YouTube University. The problem is, it’s difficult to separate fact from fiction with so many carnival barkers banking on your inexperience (screaming ALL CRYPTO ALL THE TIME) and of course there are the naysayers, usually from legacy finance, banking on your fear (yelling ALL CRYPTO IS A SCAM … while they quietly helping their high network clients to invest).
All of it muddies the waters when all you want to know is how to get in safely, legally and confidently so you’re not left behind.
Sure, you’ve heard some the myths, (and may even believe them)!
Like cryptocurrency is:
- only used by criminals
- a fad
- a scam
- only for the tech and finance savvy
- isn’t regulated or traceable
- is only for crypto bros
The fact is, each of these beliefs … is a myth.
In Digital Money Demystified, Dr. Evans explains why, in straight-forward, plain language. She takes the top crypto myths head on and gives you well researched, well supported facts, cautionary tales from her own crypto journey, case studies from the industry, and a step-by-step framework and access to companion website, to empower you to make good choices out there in the new digital cash economy.
As a tenured law professor at Penn State Dickinson Law who developed the first blockchain, crypto and law online certificate program (at Franklin Pierce Law Center), a highly regarded crypto policy and law consultant for executives and retail investors, a financial futurist consultant and coach, and a respected thought leader appearing regularly on national media outlets, Dr. Evans has done the heavy lifting so you don’t have to.
Plenty of books and courses exist about which crypto assets to invest in.
Digital Money Demystified is the book you read before you dive into those.
Table of Contents
- Separating Fact from Fiction
- Crypto Has No Value
- Myth—Crypto is only for criminals
- Myth—Crypto is unregulated
- Myth—Crypto is just one big scam
- Myth—Crypto is too volatile
- Myth—Crypto is just a passing fad, a bubble waiting to burst
- Myth—Crypto is too complicated and difficult to use
- Myth—Crypto isn’t secure
- Myth—Crypto is bad for the environment
- Myth—Crypto is anonymous and untraceable
- (Dis)Honorable Mention Myths
- From Cash to Crypto
- Crypto Glossary
Publisher: Broad Book Press
Publication Date: Fall 2023
Price: $9.99 USD
Dr. Tonya M. Evans, Your Financial Freedom Futurist™
Dr. Evans empowers leaders of legacy corporate and academic institutions to enter, and excel in, the future of business in the new digital economy. She expertly prepares yesterday’s executives for tomorrow’s disruption in web3 and beyond.
Dr. Evans works closely with executive leadership to:
- Identify emerging technology-created blind spots
- Manage risks of action and inaction
- Assess data management and monetization strategies
- Understand the legal, policy, and regulatory landscape
- Cultivate sustainable, future-forward opportunities
- Empower and inspired workforce for the future of work
- Leverage existing IP portfolios and strategies in the new economy
- Develop short- and long-term action plans
- Secure your leading-edge competitive advantage